Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 13, 2008

Well, it seems like there is a lot going on in my life right now. I need to get closure in one arena in order to move ahead with another. I just wish that it was all final. Oh well. That is all that I am going to say about my life that is non-weight loss related. I really need to keep my focus on weight loss. :)

I have two new incentives to lose this weight. 1. (or 3. if you are counting.) I signed up for a weight loss challenge at work. You pay $20 with half going to Operation Feed and the other half going into a winners pot. At the end of 10 weeks, those who meet their goals will split the balance in the pot. My official goal is to lose 10 pounds. I signed up on Wednesday so my first weigh-in for a loss will be this week. I hope it is good!

2. I signed up for the Biggest Loser challenge in my department. Our initial weigh-in is this Tuesday. We are going to continue it through the Biggest Loser finale on NBC. My goal for this is to lose 20 pounds in 9 weeks! Therefore, I need to get busy! The consequence of not being the top loser each week is walking a flight of stairs for each person who is ahead of you or paying $1 per flight you chose not to walk. There is the possibility of having to walk a lot of stairs!

By the way, if you don't already I recommend watching the Biggest Loser. It has to be one of the most inspiring shows on TV. Also, Lifetime has an awesome new show called "How to Look Good Naked". I absolutely love this show! It takes women of all sizes and helps them appreciate their body in its current state.

FYI, I added a weight loss tracker to the bottom of this page. Initially, it is tracking my first 20 pounds.

Well, that is all for now. I will update you on Wednesday with my weight loss for this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh what a good cause! :) You can do it! Char signed us up for the gym again (the YMCA), and I'm going tonight. I'll have some healthy munchy options at wino night.